Sunday, April 5, 2009
... and I thought it was just me.
I'm pretty much fighting for my life here. Now even piano work has dried up, so I've at least got some free time. Last fall I made a rookie mistake: I cut the tab off when I cut out the back from the outline. Now this is a nice piece of wood, so I didn't want to throw it away, so I thought about it for a few weeks and finally decided to try splicing in a new piece of wood. Here's a picture of the inside.
Then I did a bit of carving on the outside, and this was the result.
I've since done more carving. I'm hoping I didn't cut too deeply into the tab when I did. I'll post another picture soon.